Exec meeting February 2011

Notes from Goldsmiths UCU Exec meeting, 15th February 2011

Apologies: DF, NF, DO

NEXT MEETING: TUESDAY 15 MARCH 12PM, ROOM 310, EDUCATION BUILDING
*please put in your diaries

1. NATIONAL BALLOTS
The ballot opens on 17 February closes on 2 March.

Greg Barnett and Caroline Vondy are now dealing with our membership list during the ballot period rather than Ranjeet Lall at Membership. If you
hear of any changes (members who leave, retire or change department), please email KF + BGJ.

KF to put flyers in pigeonholes in departments where there is no rep tomorrow.

KF to email NF, MP, CK, VO to speak at the PACE and Psychology meetings departmental meetings (done).

The SU to give a date for a meeting with students to discuss the ballot.

KF, JW and DF to put ballot campaign posters around campus.

KF to email reps again to ask to see if they’ve circulated the statement and to ask for signatures.

2. FILLING EXEC POSITIONS

Amanda Kipling now is H&S rep.

We need a treasurer.  JW to ask at departmental UCU mtg for volunteers; if not then DF to ask KD. We also need more co-opted members.

Wellbeing Committee:
PB to go to the next meeting (8 March, 2PM, location TBC).
*Note there is going to be a presentation about outsourcing sickness absence monitoring to a private company (!).

KF to ask Tom Henri about being the UCU rep on the Wellbeing Committee.
*NOTE: Can someone please give me a bit more information about the committee, how often the meetings are, and what the time commitment is so
I can give Tom a bit more information?

3. TUC rally on 22 Feb + March 26 march

JW to contact RVA about speaking at the rally. KF to ask RVA about leaflets to distribute at the teach-in tomorrow.

KF to ask Justine Stephens for posters + leaflets to promote the 26 March
TUC march (done; Campaigns is producing in-house materials and will send them to us once they’re ready).

NEXT MEETING 15 MARCH 12PM, 310, EDUCATION BUILDING
*Please put this date in your diaries!!