The People’s Assembly
• David Cameron’s Guildhall speech in November 2013 in which he said that austerity should be ‘permanent’
• That the majority of public sector cuts have yet to be put in place
• The success of the People’s Assembly in uniting people in action against austerity from across the trade union, labour, progressive and anti-cuts movement.
• That an effective anti-austerity movement can facilitate the revival of workplace confidence and increase the possibility of coordinated action by trade unionists against austerity
• That a weak recovery that does not raise working class living standards or stop the cuts is likely to increase anger at the government.
• To confirm its support for the People’s Assembly Against Austerity
• To support and actively encourage members to attend the national anti-cuts demonstration called by the People’s Assembly and the NUT on 21 June 2014.